Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ALOHA----


OK everyone, don't freak out. I recently had miraculously 5 days off. I did the math and found that with my time I could have had quite the trip and seen everyone... but my schedule would have been something like this-

Leave Tokyo Narita- evening
Arrive SFO, wait 5 hours to transfer to Vegas.
After 12 hours in Vegas, fly to SLC.
Next morning, take red-eye flight to Omaha.
That evening take the late-flight back to SLC.
Next morning head back to Vegas.
That evening leave for SFO,
Head back to Narita the next morning.

Needless to say, I would have spent more time in an airplane than with any of you... sorry guys...

A good friend calls and tells of a great deal on tickets to Hawaii. Round-trip airfare, hotel, airport and fuel charge, ALL included for $600. As my electric blanket and I were seeing WAY too much of eachother, and it was snowing the day the offer came- I took the trip! I hope you all understand. I will see you all soon! I promise!

In the meantime- here are some highlights from the Hawaiian adventure.

I recovered from my jet-lag while frying myself on the beach. I was hoping to nap for 30 minutes before a brief dip in the ocean, but 2 hours later woke up. Ummm- I was asleep from 12:30 to 2:30 covered in Hawaiian Tropics... not sunscreen. hahahaha. I ate way too much local food, but felt like I deserved the break from my normal diet of too much healthfood and protien shakes. I was able to go to my alma-mater of BYUH and see my favorite Kajiyama Sensei!! He still remembered me and introduced me to his 301 class as his 'prize student that became a famous actress in Japan.' (he may be the only one in the room that didn't catch that. i love that guy!!)

I got to take a tour of the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was fun being on the receiving side of things. Even though I have been through the center litterally hundereds of times, it was amazing. I got to see one of my favorite people in the world, Jimmy, who did so much for me while I was at BYU, and again when I was there this time. Heart as big as a whale!! He and my homegirl Ardis embody the love of Polynesia.

Spent not one, not two, but THREE hours in Wal-Mart!! Hehehehehehe- LOVE that place. I got lots of vitamins and things that are sooo expensive in Japan. Picked up some macadamia nuts, chocolate, lots of treasures, CDs, DVDs, books, etc etc etc. I got so much, in fact, that I had to buy another suitcase to get all of my stuff home. hahahaha-

After four days of beach, food, sun, food, shopping, food, friends, food, and siteseeing, I was fast asleep on the plane back to Japan and my busy life in Tokyo.










7 comments:

Five Green Penguins said...

I'm so jealouse!! It suppose to snow here tomorrow night... I would love a beach get away. Looks like a lot of fun. When are you coming back to the continential US? I MISS YOU! Love you!

Kar said...

Aw man....I am sooo jealous. I went to Hawaii like 15 years ago and still dream about it. I love those plumeria flowers that grow everywhere. It truly is paradise. How fun that you were able to go. I'm still waiting for my long e-mail from you, Jason!! :)

Suz said...

Oh so Jealous! I need a vacation!!!! You lucky dog. Can you pack me in a suit case and send me with you next time. Okay good.

TeresaKDanielson said...

Looks like soooooo much fun. I totally plan to visit Hawaii and Japan, someday when my kids are older, Im skinnier and Im rich. Let me know when you come to visit SLC Im there dude.;)

leila marie said...

Love the pics. love the fact that you went to the isle of sun and surf to shop at Walmart!
I soo would've done the same!

kanaboke said...

OMG, I just barely read this and I, Ardle Kanani, gets a shout-out in one of your posts...WooootWoooot! You are much to nice, and did I mention You Are So Fired! I am just speaking out of jealousy of course...I miss our days at PCC!

kanaboke74 said...

P.S. I'm soooo jealous you got to see our Favorite Kajiyama Sensei...what was it again that he would always say?...