Thursday, October 30, 2008

on location in yamagata

this is a really fun family that i met in yamagata. they live on a farm that has been in their family for 13 generations. almost 600 years!! go sato family!!
here is the crew getting a shot of me walking through rice patties in yamagata. it was so beautiful. and for anyone who has a soft spot in their heart for rural japan, (hollie) this picture takes me back a few years.
at the candy store that we shot at, i tried to eat the display candy... i wasnt supposed to, but it still made for an interesting picture!! and everyone got a good laugh! :)
here i am as we enter into the candy shop. i actually HAD to choose what i wanted to eat. everything looked so good! and the smell!!... well.... you can imagine was awesome!!
as you can see this a very famous spot for movies, commercials, posters, etc. so i had to jump in and get some of the action. it was amazing!! this picture does not do it justice!!

3 comments:

Dennis & Hollie said...

These pictures so make me want to come back to Japan! And stay for a while! Do you realize what a wonderful thing you are doing for family and friends with this blog? You are staying connected to so many through your photos and your words. Not only that, you are sharing such a delicious piece of Japanese culture. You are amazing! I can't wait to come and visit you again! I love you! -Hollie

Suz said...

It looks beautiful! I love learning about where you care going and what you are doing. Thank goodness for blogs!

kanaboke said...

oooooooh my gosh, soooo jealous right now! I've been thinkin about Japan a lot lately, since my friend has moved here from Yamagata that is...sooo beautiful! Loved that place! still do..