Wednesday, October 29, 2008

on memory lane

i told my younger sister once, as we were looking through some old photos, that i was sure glad that she got out of her 'ugly duckling' stage. i meant to imply that she was now a beautiful swan. i may still have the bruise on my arm from the aftermath that conversation. i was reminded so kindly by my bro a couple of days ago that i too, was not exempt from the 'hottness' years. funny thing is- guaranteed the day this picture was taken- i put gel in my hair, brushed my braced teeth, put on that big t-shirt with tight green jeans, looked in the mirror and said to myself - "im a babe."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Crystal might have been more offended when you told us we were ugle ducklings in our middle school years! We were babes! haha... yes.. that is something you should NEVER tell a women! I hope you keep the bruse as a reminder! haha :)

Dennis & Hollie said...

I NEVER had ugly duckling years...I have been gorgeous since I made my debut! Now...I will quickly step out of the way of where I am sitting as I fear I may be struck by lightning. We were all BABES...in a manner of speaking. And what do you know...We STILL ARE!!!!!

Stoddart Family said...

lookin good J.

Love ya, Chels
(yep, the one from years and years ago... Omaha)