Thursday, April 9, 2009

NIKE audition

same story- new chapter...

i got the call for nike baseball underwear (the long-sleeve turtleneck things that go under uniforms). i made it through the picture selection and my scheduled audition was today. after a very short session at the gym i went to the studio. they had a bunch of the shirts on the rack and after changing into a grey one got my polaroid taken and waited in line.

finally, my number, "38" was called. they asked about my baseball experience. i acted like i was a pro! (little did they know... i played right field... in third grade... the ball NEVER came to me... i picked dandelions... chased bugs... coach yelled at me a lot... coach was my dad... sorry kev- maybe i would have made you proud today- hahaha) they had me to pretend to pitch a ball. im an actor... right?

(i swear- as i type this- i can hear my bro ((who- as a sidenote was actually a semi-pro baseball player)) screaming in laughter and wonderng how much he would have to pay to get the video of today's audition)

then they handed me a bat- i took a couple of swings. (secretly was praying not to let go of the bat accidentally). whatever i did- they liked it and they asked to stay around for the next round. i had to pose like i was playing baseball... im a model, right?!

(again- i can hear zac)


i was told that they would call me and let me know. hence, the waiting game begins again.

on the way back to the train station, my manager tells me of my next audition on saturday. here we go again...

3 comments:

Dennis & Hollie said...

You're a tree...Now you're the wind...No qwickry...you are the ocean...

I am not sure I could be an actor! I might end up with disassociative identity disorder! Who am I? A tree? A windy ghosty? I so love your posts and miss you horribly! I am going to be dedicating my next blog post to you...I am going to try to make you stateside sick...Is there such a thing? I am leaving for Nebraska tomorrow to visit Dad, Wendel, and Olive. So I am going to post pictures to entice you to come for a visit! LOVE YOU!!! I am crossing my fingers and sending my good luck NIKE juju your way!

I mean seriously! As much money as our family has contributed to the keeping NIKE in business fund, it's about time ONE of us gets some of that cash back!

xoxo
Hol

Suz said...

I can't stop laughing! I can just see it now!

Five Green Penguins said...

GOOD LUCK RILEY!!! I am rooting for you from the cheap seats! LOVE YOU!!